Midwest SETAC Health and Safety Policy
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Midwest SETAC may change and update these policies.
Midwest SETAC is excited to be hosting a hybrid meeting this year! The health and well-being of our participants is our utmost priority, and we are committed to creating a welcoming environment for us to gather together safely. As we return to in-person gatherings, we are expecting a commitment from our participants to adhere to and respect the safety and health policies and guidelines.
Midwest SETAC is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and will follow all national and local guidelines and reserves the right to impose more stringent requirements (e.g., mandatory mask-wearing for all attendees) at its events.
Midwest SETAC’s Guide to Creating a Safe and Welcoming Environment
The following policies and guidelines apply to all meeting attendees including presenters, guests, invited speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, vendors, service providers, and staff.
We are requiring that all meeting attendees are up to date on vaccinations against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption, in which case, you will be required to submit a negative test result within 72 hrs of attendance.
We reserve the right to require masks over nose and mouth for all attendees.
We reserve the right to require daily symptom checks of all attendees.
We will ensure that all meeting rooms are set to provide extra space for social distancing, as needed.
We will provide information at the registration desk about local testing sites in case you are feeling sick during the meeting.
We ask meeting participants not to attend if they feel ill, have tested positive for COVID-19, or have been exposed to a COVID-19 case within 14 days of the meeting.
Midwest SETAC developed this policy using best practices identified by leading event planning organizations as the best path forward to achieve our common goal of advancing environmental toxicology and science.
Meeting Attendee Personal Acknowledgement and Accountability Commitment Regarding COVID-19
All meeting attendees including presenters, guests, invited speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, vendors, service providers, and staff must acknowledge the commitment to care statement at registration.
Commitment to Care Statement:
1) I attest that I am fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
2) I understand that participation in the event includes possible exposure to illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19, and I knowingly and freely assume all such risks.
3) I acknowledge and agree that, in the event of a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 being reported to Midwest SETAC as a result of any event, Midwest SETAC may be required to share personal participant information internally or with public health authorities, including for the purposes of potential contact tracing.
4) I understand that all attendees are expected to comply with all Midwest SETAC health and safety guidelines and that failure to adhere to the requirements could lead to removal from the venue or other disciplinary action.
5) I agree to abide by and engage in health-and-safety precautions and rules established by Midwest SETAC while attending events hosted by the society. This includes, but is not limited to wearing a mask at all times within the meeting area as required, providing negative tests if requested, submitting to daily symptom checks if required, engaging in appropriate physical distancing and respecting others request for space.
6) I also agree to not attend any event if I feel ill, have tested positive, or have been exposed to a COVID-19 case within 14 days of the meeting.