- An annual spring MW SETAC Chapter scientific training course and professional symposium
- Communicate and network
- Student travel awards to help subsidize costs of presenting at the annual North America SETAC meeting. Chapter support for the awards varies depending on the location of meeting and number of applicants
- Student presentation awards at annual SETAC spring meeting to support research
- Work with corporate sponsors to support student travel and presentation awards
Benefits of membership include
- Networking with fellow scientists and regulators in region
- Opportunities for involvement in mentoring of young scientists for outreach activities
- Eligibility to present research at annual meetings
- Eligibility to win student travel or research awards
- Eligibility to vote in elections to influence the direction of the chapter.
The Midwest Chapter is a regional chapter of SETAC North America and consists of volunteers dedicated to improving our network of scientists, regulators, and educators. With an annual meeting and short-course, we are hoping to meet our other scientists in the region and potential collaborators, become familiar with advances in many environmental fields and provide opportunities along with financial support to students to present their work at our meeting and meet new mentors. We have members and attendees that develop workshops and timely discussions of topics of both regional and national interest. We:
- Promote research, education, training and development of the environmental sciences.
- Encourage interactions among environmental scientists and disseminate information on environmental toxicology and chemistry.
- Sponsor scientific and educations programs and provide a forum for communication among professionals in government, business, academia and other segments of the environmental
SIGN UP HERE TO GET MAILINGS AND UPDATES ABOUT THE CHAPTER
Midwest SETAC is a non-profit (501)(c)(6) organization dedicated to the use of multidisciplinary approaches to examine the impacts of chemicals and technology on the environment. The chapter is operated as an independent affiliate of the international SETAC organization and is wholly responsible for the information provided. Feel free to contact us (contact information on the Chapter Governance Tab) with questions.
Welcome to Our Midwest Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC) Organization